If you are unable to view this video try these steps to resolve the problem:
1. Update to the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. Version 10 or higher is required. See what version you have installed. A link to download the plug-in is below. You may be required to contact your system administrator to install software.
2. Please allow a few moments for the video to begin playing. Each video has a few seconds of buffering at the beginning to allow for the smoothest playback experience for most users.
3. Your company may have firewall restrictions that do not allow certain files to stream properly. Flash streaming video uses a specific port that is sometimes blocked by corporate networks. Check with your system administrator for information regarding firewall restrictions.
4. Try disabling any antivirus software that is running in the background. These programs tend to pull memory from other applications. By closing these programs, you can free up system memory to have a better video experience.
5. Our video playback offers dynamic adaptive playback at 4 bitrates. You may notice the quality improve as you watch the video. Often times within a company or work group, multiple people may be sharing one internet connection, therefore reducing the bandwidth to each user. In these cases you may experience excessive buffering or pauses during video playback. Don’t know your bandwidth? Click here to test.
It may be necessary to restart your system or browser after making any of these changes. MadDash E-Media is not responsible for any system errors that may occur to a user’s computer if these changes are made. Contact your company’s system administrator for system support. Due to recent enhancements to the Adobe Flash Player you may need to completely uninstall an older version to effectively install a new version, download the uninstaller here.